Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Fraud & Waste Hotline
Report an Incident Online or Phone: 1‑866‑840‑5837

Our Services

The value of an independent audit function to Council is the ability to use credible information to make better decisions and to hold the Public Service accountable. Our principle stakeholder is the Audit Committee which is comprised of Executive Policy Committee members. The Audit Committee’s primary role is to ensure that due diligence has been directed towards ensuring that an effective control framework is in place. This framework provides reasonable assurance that the financial, operational and regulatory objectives of the City are achieved and that governance and accountability responsibilities of Council and the Public Service are met.

Our Audit reports are tabled at Audit Committee after which they become public documents.

1. Advisory Services

Activities carried out under this service line are proactive and focus on getting it right the first time as well as measuring the right things.

We deliver this service through:

  • Educational initiatives
  • Research
  • Consulting
  • Committee participation

2. Assurance Services

Assurance services are defined as independent professional services that improve the quality of information or its context for decision makers.

We deliver this service through:

  • Performance Audits
  • Compliance Audits
  • Business process audits
  • Due diligence reviews

3. Investigation Services

We conduct reviews in response to reports submitted to the City’s Fraud & Waste Hotline, requests received from external parties or as the result of information that is brought to the attention of the City Auditor.

Last update: December 2, 2019

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.