St. Vital Cemetery
St. Vital Cemetery offers a tranquil, park-like setting with an adjacent river walk leading into St. Vital Park. It is located at 236 River Road on the east side of the Red River, between St. Vital Park and Bishop Grandin Boulevard.
Location: 236 River Rd.
St. Vital Cemetery grounds map
St. Vital Cemetery currently has a wide range of in-ground casket and cremation options, as well as above ground columbaria space available. Please view our Products and Services page or contact us for more information.
Features & special areas:
- Casket burial lots
- Cremation burial lots
- Scattering garden
- Columbaria (above ground cremation interment)
- Memorial boulders
- Book of Memories (memorial wall)
- 31 acres (total cemetery area)
- More than 6,000 burials
St. Vital Cemetery was first opened in 1937 when the grounds served as the cemetery for the municipality of St. Vital. The City of Winnipeg took ownership of the cemetery in 1972 when the municipalities amalgamated as part of the broader ‘Unicity’, which saw 13 municipalities amalgamate to form the City of Winnipeg in which we know today.