The City of Winnipeg would like to acknowledge the efforts of the Community Data Network, and in particular the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's Population Health and Health System Analysis Team, which led the development of the Community Area and Neighbourhood Cluster geographies which are used on this site. As well, Statistics Canada's Winnipeg office provided the custom tabulation and worked with the Community Data Network to ensure a high level of data accuracy.
Within Winnipeg, there are numerous active citizen groups and organizations working to improve our community. This allows many fruitful partnerships and collaborations to occur between public, private and not-for-profit organizations interested in addressing various social, economic, and health issues. The Community Data Network is an example of this type of partnership, with many of Winnipeg's health, social, economic, academic and governmental organizations represented.
The Community Data Network was formed to coordinate the information needs of various groups, and to meet those needs by collectively placing a custom order for Statistics Canada census data. Forming the Community Data Network gave members the capacity to access detailed socioeconomic data, which could not have been accomplished individually. This partnership benefits the entire community by allowing access to insightful, relevant data at various levels of geography, from large Community Areas to the smallest Neighbourhoods.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to making this collaboration a success.
The Community Data Network was formed with the participation of:
- Central Regional Health Authority
- Centre for Child and Youth Centred Prairie Communities
- City of Winnipeg, Community Services
- City of Winnipeg, Fire Paramedic Service
- City of Winnipeg, Planning, Property and Development
- City of Winnipeg, CAO Secretariat
- Destination Winnipeg
- Health Canada, First Nations and Inuit Health Branch
- Healthy Child Manitoba
- Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, Department of Community Health Sciences
- Manitoba Community Connections
- Manitoba Family Services and Housing
- Manitoba Health, Decision Support Services
- Manitoba Health, Epidemiology Unit
- Manitoba Intergovernmental Affairs
- Riverview Health Centre
- Social Planning Council of Winnipeg
- South Eastman Health Authority
- United Way Winnipeg
- University of Winnipeg, Institute of Urban Studies
- Volunteer Centre of Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, Population Health and Health System Analysis Team
- Winnipeg School Division No. 1