National Day for Truth and Reconciliation – Saturday, September 30. View holiday hours for City of Winnipeg facilities and services from September 30 to October 2.
Urban agriculture and community gardens small grants
The Winnipeg Food Council is offering small grants to support community gardens and urban agriculture initiatives for projects delivered in 2023.
Applications are now being accepted for up to $2,000.00 for new projects, garden renovations or operating costs. Organizations or equity-seeking groups that are Black, Indigenous, or Person of Colour (BIPOC) are encouraged to apply.
Priority will be given to projects which:
- Are led by and/or serve equity-seeking populations
- Are located in an area of higher need, food desert, or other area lacking community-based food assets
- Increase the amount of food grown in Winnipeg
- Can demonstrate project need via support of local residents, participants, or agencies through various means, including letters of support.
How to apply
To apply, fill out the application form and send by post or email to the Winnipeg Food Council at:
- Winnipeg Food Council
- c/o Office of Sustainability
- 1120 WaverleyStreet
- Winnipeg, MB R2T 3X9
- Email: JSivilay@winnipeg.ca
Application deadline is April 28, at 5:00 p.m.
All projects will be expected to provide a short, final report of activities by Friday, October 6, 2023. Reporting expectations will be clearly outlined at time of acceptance.
For questions about the application process, please contact Winnipeg Food Council Coordinator Jeanette Sivilay at JSivilay@winnipeg.ca, or 204-430-2482.
If you are a community garden organizer, consider joining the new Winnipeg Urban Growers group to connect with other garden organizers in Winnipeg.