Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Watch Live and Archived Council and Committee Meetings
Council Building
City Clerk's


Become a Board Member

Are you interested in serving as a Board of Revision Member?  Do you reside in Winnipeg?

The Board of Revision recruits new members annually in September.  The City of Winnipeg uses an application process to invite interested residents to apply.  The City of Winnipeg announces on its website when the application period is open.

Appointments will be made with a view to engaging knowledgeable, professional, managerial and other citizens who have an understanding of assessment in residential and/or commercial applications.

Selected citizens will be appointed for one year.  Any members interested in applying should be available during business hours to attend scheduled hearings.

For more information about recruitment, please contact

Who can be a Board Member

To be appointed by Council, a Board Member must:

  • Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident,
  • Reside in Winnipeg, and
  • Be at least 18 years of age

All Board Member appointments can be renewed for multiple terms.  Citizens with experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:

  • Property or business assessment
  • Property appraisal
  • Property management
  • Real estate
  • Law

In addition, citizens should have strong analytical skills, the ability to be fair and open-minded, and the capacity to work cohesively with members of the Board.

Board Member Remuneration

Board members are eligible for payment for their service to the Board of Revision under the BOARD OF REVISION COMPENSATION BY-LAW NO. 95/2022.

  • A Panel Chair shall be paid compensation of $60.00 for each hour, or portion thereof, spent chairing a hearing or a meeting of the hearing panel, including deliberations of the panel.
  • A Panel Member who is not the Panel Chair shall be paid compensation of $40.00 for each hour, or portion thereof, spent in a hearing or a meeting of the hearing panel, including deliberations of the panel.
Last update: May 8, 2023

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.