Entry height requirements
The City of Winnipeg operates indoor and outdoor pools to provide safe and enjoyable aquatic experiences.
- Site-specific age and height requirements are in place for admission to City of Winnipeg pools
- Minimum entry height requirements are measured at the top of the shoulder
- Children under the age of seven—and those that do not meet the height requirements—are not allowed entry into the pool unless:
- they are accompanied by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio);
- wear a lifejacket/personal floatation device (PFD) and are restricted to the shallow end.
Height Requirements by Pool
The information below will assist you in selecting the appropriate aquatics facility for your family, school, or group.
Pools listed below begin with the lowest height requirement and end with the highest requirement.
Indoor Pools (entry height requirements measured at the top of the shoulder)
|Elmwood Kildonans||42 inches||107 cm|
|St. James Assiniboia Centennial||42 inches||107 cm|
|Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex||44 inches||112 cm|
|Eldon Ross||44 inches||112 cm|
|Kinsmen Sherbrook||44 inches||112 cm|
|Sergeant Tommy Prince Place
(formerly North Centennial Recreation
and Leisure Facility)
|44 inches||112 cm|
|Pan Am||44 inches||112 cm|
|Seven Oaks||44 inches||112 cm|
|Transcona Kinsmen Centennial||44 inches||112 cm|
|St. James Civic Centre||46 inches||117 cm|
|Bonivital||48 inches||122 cm|
|Margaret Grant||48 inches||122 cm|
Outdoor Pools (entry height requirements measured at the top of the shoulder)
|Freight House||44 inches||112 cm|
|Kildonan Park||44 inches||112 cm|
|Transcona Aquatic Park||44 inches||112 cm|
|Fort Garry Lions||48 inches||122 cm|
|Happyland||48 inches||122 cm|
|Provencher||48 inches||122 cm|
|St. Vital||48 inches||122 cm|
|Windsor Park||48 inches||122 cm|
|Westdale||52 inches||133 cm|
Supervision Requirements - all children under 7 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
Printable copy of Pool Entry, Admission and Safety Guidelines