An emergency or disaster can impact any business which can prevent it from continuing normal operations. Take action to build resilience within your operations to be prepared for any emergency - this could include back up suppliers, a rainy-day fund or strong community connections to assist during crisis.

You should also consider developing a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) is intended to minimize the impacts of business activity disruptions.

A BCP will assist businesses in identifying essential/critical services, when and how they need to be delivered (equipment, data, personnel, facilities, etc.), and how employees will respond when there is a disruption. In it, you should identify risks and hazards to your business operations.

Your plan should consider:

  • Employees
  • Facilities
  • Systems
  • Products and services
  • Insurance
  • Community engagement

Conduct a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) ensure operational resilience and continuity of operations during and after a disruption. Information gathered from a Business Impact Analysis will formulate the tasks, procedures, and organization required to work through a disruption, and will improve a business's ability to minimize losses, meet obligations, and build confidence from the people who depend on a service. A thorough BCP should also include details for returning to a normal state-of-operations after a disruption.

A Guide to Business Continuity Planning provides a summary and general advice for Business Continuity Planning.

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.