Once you have received your permission email or your Control Code number there are a number of things you still have to do and consider.
- Neighborhood Notification letter – must be hand delivered to residences and business a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Do not tape letters to businesses, go in and speak to them. You are an ambassador to the film industry and it is your job to communicate effectively with both residents and business owners to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Check your signs at least 2 business days in advance. Make sure you check the date and time, not just that they are up. For signs going up on the weekend, please check by noon on the Friday.
- Do you require the assistance of police for road closures or intermittent traffic control? Book at least 5 days in advance. Contact Dre Maier and cc Shelly Anthis . Costs associated with the WPS members providing services are the financial responsibility of the Production Company. There is a minimum charge of three hours for each WPS member and a cancellation notice must be given, within a reasonable period of time, if booked services are no longer required. Special Duty Policing Service must be paid in advance of filming unless otherwise advised. Find information on Special Duty Police Rates.
- Parking removal procedure on day of filming – attend to your location to make best efforts to find any owners to vehicles within your permitted area 2 to 3 hours prior to truck move on or filming. If you are not successful in locating vehicle owners follow the procedure below;
- In cases where there are 5 or less vehicles you must email the following city departments; firstname.lastname@example.org and cc the following; email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org. Include make, model and license plate numbers and your contact name and number. You will receive a confirmation email from the Winnipeg Parking Authority confirming receipt of your email. If there are more than 5 vehicles, please call Shelly Anthis at (204) 793-8430.
Neighborhood Papering Letter
Must be distributed 48 business hours in advance
Last update: August 19, 2021