Diversity & Equity Fire Training Program
Candidates will have the opportunity to train during evenings and weekends to allow for family obligations and/or work schedules to continue. This training will also provide access to our top trainers in WFPS to prepare for future recruitments.
Program Entry Eligibility
- Proficiency in English
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Physically able to perform tasks and training requirements
- Able to commit to the training schedule (Tuesday and Thursday evenings)
- Be of sound and positive ethics and thrive in a team environment
- Must identify with one or more of the following equity groups: Indigenous peoples, women, racialized peoples, persons with disabilities, newcomers and 2SLGBTQ+ persons
- High School education - Grade 12 or GED
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- A Valid Driver's License - Class 5 (minimum)
- Police Information Check, Police Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Drivers Abstract Driver Safety Rating Scale Statement no more than minus four (-4) (once accepted into the program)
If interested in this great opportunity apply with a resume and a summary (one (1) page maximum) of why you want to become a FireFighter and the barriers you faced when working toward achieving this goal.
*If selected for an interview all required documents will be required prior to interview.