Superior Tanker Shuttle Service

There are a number of homes on the outer edges of the city's boundaries which fall outside of the municipal water district. These homes rely on well water in their homes or have water storage tanks. As there are no fire hydrants in these areas, the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) relies on water carried in fire engines and two water tanker trucks, which are used to shuttle water from the closest hydrants or water source.

In August 2020, WFPS went through a thorough evaluation by the Fire Underwriters Survey (FUS) to achieve Superior Tanker Shuttle Service accreditation for specific areas in the south end of Winnipeg.

The accreditation recognizes the WFPS' ability to shuttle water by way of tanker trucks to fight fires in areas far from municipal hydrants. The impacted areas are within 5 km road distance of hydrants and within 8 km road distance from Stations 23 and 26.

Property owners in areas with accredited Superior Tanker Shuttle Service may be eligible for improved insurance premiums. Residents are encouraged to contact their insurance brokers to determine if they are eligible for revised premiums.

water tanker truck
temporary storage tank
Temporary storage tanks

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.