Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Oshki Annishinabe Nigaaniwak
web banner

Stream One

How we work with community partners to provide opportunities for youths

Stream one activities involve building partnerships with community-based organizations in Winnipeg that develop and deliver youth-focused programming related to recreation, employment and employment development. In addition, the strategy provides financial and in-kind supports to continue and sustain these initiatives. Currently, two-thirds of the strategy's funding allocation is provided to nine community partner organizations to support the delivery of their programs.

Highlights from 2009 - 2013

During the first five years multiple outcomes have been achieved under the City of Winnipeg's Indigenous Youth Strategy, Oshki Annishinabe Nigaaniwak (OAN). From 2009 to the end of 2013 the following notable outcomes are a result of working in partnership with nine community based organizations in Winnipeg:

Physical, Culture and Leisure

Over 66,000 youth visits were reported at OAN supported recreation programs in our community since 2009 - this means OAN is improving access to health and wellness activities, and supporting youth to set and achieve goals. Healthy individuals result in healthy families and communities!

Employment and Employment Development

Over 2,100 Indigenous youth have participated in OAN supported, community-based employment and emplyment development programs since 2009 - this means OAN is improving opportunities for Indigenous youth to participate in culturally appropriate training programs that strengthen job readiness and skills development.


Download stream one infographic

Last update: August 8, 2016
OAN logo
Tweet #OANyouth

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.