Mapping Conditions of Use
Please note special provisions for ServiceStat and GIS Mapping.
Read before accepting conditions of use & disclaimer
If you access, use or purchase a product or service from this Web site or Web page ("Site") provided by the City of Winnipeg ("The City") you accept and agree to comply with the following Conditions of Use. If you do not agree with these Conditions, you should immediately discontinue any use of this Site. These Conditions may change from time to time. You should visit this Web page periodically to review the Conditions of Use that govern your transactions and are binding on you. The terms "You" and "User" as used herein refers to You and the company, partnership, joint venture or other entity You are representing. By using this Site, You are representing that You have the authority to bind the company, partnership, joint venture or other entity You are representing to the Conditions of Use.
(b) Conditions of Use
You may view and print copies of the Material on the site ("Site Products”) solely for the User’s personal non-commercial use.
Unless otherwise specified herein, You may not without the express written permission of The City of Winnipeg, copy, modify, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, link to or frame in another website, use on any other website, transfer or sell the Site Products in whole or in part either voluntarily or by operation of law. The foregoing prohibition expressly includes, but is not limited to, the practice of screen scraping, database scraping or any such practice or activity; the purpose of which is to obtain data or portions thereof, portions of databases from the Site, in any manner or any quantities not expressly authorized hereunder.
Specific permission for reproduction or use for other purposes must be obtained from The City of Winnipeg by contacting:
City of Winnipeg
Land Information Services Branch
2nd Floor, 65 Garry St.
Winnipeg MB R3C 4K4
- Email: PPD-Mapping
You hereby acknowledge that:
- the Site Products contain technical information and commercial information and that copyright, trade secret rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights reside in the Site Products;
- The City and its suppliers, hold copyright and other intellectual and proprietary rights in the Site Products and all right, title and interest in and to the Site Products and all modifications thereto will at all times be vested in and remain the property of the City and its suppliers;
- no ownership rights in and to the Site Products are transferred to the User;
- The City hereby reserves all copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights not expressly granted hereunder; and
- disclosure of the Site Products by User would significantly prejudice the competitive position in the marketplace of the City or its suppliers or interfere significantly with other contractual negotiations of the City or its Suppliers.
(d) Maintenance of Data
You hereby acknowledge that the City and its suppliers are not required to provide any updates, fixes, new versions, new releases, maintenance and/or support of any kind for the Site Products to Users.
(e) No Warranties/Limitation Of Liability
The City and its suppliers make no warranties with respect to the Site Products, and User acknowledges the Site Products are provided on an "as is" and “as available” basis, without any warranties, representations or conditions, express or implied including warranties, representations or conditions of merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third party rights, or those arising by law or by usage of trade or course of dealing. The entire risk as to the results and performance of the Site Products is assumed by User.
THE CITY AND ITS SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, AND REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT OR SAVINGS, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF THE CITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR CLAIMS BY A THIRD PARTY AGAINST THE USER. THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OR EXPIRY OF THIS AGREEMENT.
This Agreement, shall terminate immediately in the event that:
- User is in default of a material obligation under this Agreement;
- User breaches any of its obligations or covenants hereunder with respect to confidential information, or infringes any copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights in the Site Products; or
- any applicable law, regulation, decision, order or government policy restricts or precludes the collection, use or disclosure of the Site Products or any part thereof by the City or the use of or access to the Site Products or part thereof by User.
On termination of this Agreement, User shall cease using the Site Products and, at the request of The City, shall destroy any copy of the Site Products in its possession and certify that the licensed Site Products have been purged from all of User’s computer systems, and all hardcopy materials produced from the licensed Site Products have been destroyed.
The statistics and maps are based upon preliminary information of selected service requests types collected by the 311 records management system used by the City. The information was collected by the 311 Contact Centre and may not have been verified as there is always the possibility of mechanical and human error. The service request types may be changed at a later date based upon additional information. This information does not represent official statistics reported by the 311 Contact Centre.
The user of the following pages should not rely on the data provided herein for comparison purposes over time, or for any reason. It is emphasized that any comparison between statistics provided on this website with any other publication containing 311 data is not recommended.
The service request icons are related to a location but for privacy concerns some of the icons have been randomized for display purposes. Some of the icons are not actual locations where the service request occurred. All randomized visualizations on maps should be considered approximate and attempts to derive specific addresses are strictly prohibited.
This GIS Mapping information provided herein is to be used for estimation purposes only. The City makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, either expressed or implied, as to the completeness, accuracy, currency or correctness of the data.
The City disclaims, and shall not be held liable for any and all damage, loss, or liability, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which arises from these maps or GIS products or the use thereof by any person or entity.
These maps give approximate representations of survey, assessment, building outline, property boundaries, and other features. Independent verification of all data contained herein must be obtained by any user of this application. The maps are not legally recorded plans or surveys and are not intended to be used for such purposes. For an exact depiction of property boundaries, please consult with a licensed Manitoba Land Surveyor.