Free menstrual products
Beginning in October 2022, the City of Winnipeg is conducting a pilot project to provide free menstrual products at key facilities across the city. These complimentary menstrual products are being provided as part of a one-year pilot project launched to reduce stigma and barriers around menstruation and to make a much-needed basic necessity more easily available to Winnipeg residents.
Free menstrual products are now accessible from dispensers in the following City facilities:
- Millennium Library – 251 Donald St.
- Fort Rouge Leisure Centre – 625 Osborne St.
- Seven Oaks Pool – 444 Adsum Dr.
- Freight House Recreation Centre/Central Community Centre – 200 Isabel St.
- Elmwood Kildonan Pool – 909 Concordia Ave.
- Turtle Island Neighbourhood Centre – 510 King St.
- Margaret Grant Pool – 685 Dalhousie Dr.
- Westdale Community Centre – 550 Dale Blvd.
The pilot project will operate through September 2023. During the project, the City will track data, uptake, and assess delivery to determine if the program can be extended or expanded in the future.
The City of Winnipeg also offers free menstrual products on request at the service desks of all Winnipeg Public Library locations. Products available at libraries are provided by the Winnipeg Public Library Board.