Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links

Winnipeg Police Service

About the Service - Frequently Asked Questions

Open all | Close all

How do I apply for a Child Abuse Registry Check?

The Winnipeg Police Service does not provide this check. You may contact the following for information.

Child Abuse Registry
777 Portage Avenue
204-945-6967 or Toll Free 1-800-282-8069
Web site:

How can I obtain police statistics?

Visit the CrimeMaps website for statistical and mapped information on crimes occurring in your District.

Visit our Annual Reports section of this website to view Statistical Reports contained within our Annual Reports.

Where can I obtain information on police auctions?

Under the About the Service menu along the top of the page, click on Auctions.

Unclaimed Goods auctions are held a number of times a year. Information is posted as soon as it is received.

Note: Bicycle Auctions are held once a year in April by the City of Winnipeg Community Services Department License Branch. Call 311 for more information.

What do I do if I have found lost or stolen medication?

Don't Dump the Drugs: Turn in Lost or Stolen Medication

Lost or stolen medication can be harmful to those it is not prescribed for. Prescription medication can be lethal if mixed with illegal drugs or alcohol.

For your safety and the safety of your children, take the proper steps to ensure lost and/or stolen medication stays out of the wrong hands.

What do you do if you find lost or stolen medication?

  • Don't dump the drugs make a report and turn in the medication to the nearest police station.
  • DO NOT take and/or mix prescription medication.

Keep your eyes peeled for lost or stolen medication in the following areas:

  • Playgrounds
  • Parks
  • School Zones

Prescription medication found in large quantities could be fatal if abused and/or misused. Medication taken alone or combined with alcohol or other drugs could have serious or fatal consequences.

CALEA Logo Click to visit the CALEA website.
"An Internationally Accredited Law Enforcement Agency"
Last update: August 29, 2019

 * Top of Page

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.