Winnipeg Police Service Endowment Fund

Endowment fund

In November of 2012, Devon Clunis was formally introduced as the city of Winnipeg’s 17th Chief of Police.

As part of the swearing in ceremony Chief Clunis shared his vision and hope of a renewed culture of safety for the citizens of Winnipeg.

In his address he identified at-risk and underserved children, youths and their families as a significant concern within our city.  

Throughout his career, Chief Clunis has served the community with the belief that crime prevention can be attained through social development.  He is also committed to the belief that the Winnipeg Police Service, in collaboration with Federal, Provincial and Civic levels of government, along with the private business sector and community members must come together and embrace this philosophy.    

A key initiative in addressing these concerns and bring about positive change is the creation of the Winnipeg Police Service Endowment Fund.

The WPS Endowment Fund has been designed for the advancement and enrichment of underserved and at-risk families and children.  The goal of the Endowment Fund is to subsidize recognized projects within the community, which support the Winnipeg Police Service vision of creating a culture of safety.

This fund will provide much needed support for children and their families who desperately need help to attain the rich rewards life can offer.  The WPS Endowment Fund will give grant recipients the tools to provide at-risk members of our community the chance to seize opportunities, and enjoy a healthy and meaningful life, and in so doing, reduce the risk of falling into an unhealthy life style.  

You can help make a difference in the lives of these underprivileged families and at risk children.  With your help and support of the WPS Endowment Fund you can provide a brighter future and renewed hope for success in our communities.

Thank you for your support in creating a culture of safety in Winnipeg.

Make a donation

Policies & Guidelines

Projects funded

Contact us

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.