January 23, 2022 Media Release
On January 23, 2022, at approximately 12:20 a.m., a Central District General Patrol unit was in the area of William Avenue and McPhillips Street when they observed a black SUV (with no licence plates) driving at a high rate of speed.
Officers were aware that a similar vehicle had been reported stolen earlier days earlier, and the driver of the SUV attempted to evade police by making quick turns and continuing to drive at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle was followed until it stopped at William Avenue and Lark Street, and the female driver was taken into custody. A .22 calibre rifle was seized from the vehicle, while a .22 calibre magazine and a bullet were seized from the driver.
The female attempted to lie about her name but was found to have a warrant for the suspension of her statutory release.
It was confirmed that SUV had been stolen from the Central Park area between January 20-21, 2022, and the vehicle’s licence plates have not yet been recovered.
Tamara Verena Dawn Green, a 33-year-old female of Winnipeg, has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regulations
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
She was detained in custody.
Constable Jay Murray, Public Information Officer
Constable Dani McKinnon, Public Information Officer
Constable Claude Chancy, Public Information Officer
Kelly Dehn, Manager of Public Affairs