Fees, insurance & cancellation
Park booking fees are based on the type of site being rented (for example: open space/picnic site; picnic shelter; photography/ceremony location) and the rental time. We will contact you to arrange payment once a permit request has been accepted.
GST applicable. Time booked must include set-up and take down. These fees are reviewed annually.
|Non-profit or individuals||For-profit|
|Picnic site||$64 / 4 hours||$129 / 4 hours|
|1/2 picnic shelter with park space||$110 / 4 hours||$174 / 4 hours|
|Wedding photos or ceremony
||$86 / 2 hours|
We require a damage deposit to be paid at the time of booking for groups larger than 200 people and rentals that will include the use of tents or inflatable bouncy toys.
Events over 200 people: $1,157.00
Tents or inflatables: $512.00
We will contact you within 10 days after your event to advise whether your damage deposit (or a portion of it) will be returned. Deposits paid via credit card will be returned to the card on file; those paid by cash, cheque, or debit will be returned by cheque within six weeks.
Some events or types of events require the host to hold insurance. We require renters to provide proof of insurance for the following:
- Events with expected attendance over 200 people
- Roadway events
- Government of Canada sponsored events
- Events with mobile play structures (ex. skate board ramps)
- Events with tents that require staking
- Events with inflatable bouncy toys rented from commercial companies
- Any school event not covered by Manitoba Association of School Trustees
- Events hosted by daycares or nursery schools
- The use of high-hazard or pyrotechnic fireworks
- Filming in a park (commercials, movies, etc)
- Boot camps and other fitness classes
You can obtain a certificate of your insurance by calling your insurance agent. Certificates presented to the City of Winnipeg must show proof of:
- Commercial General Liability insurance (CGL) with a minimum limit of $2 million
- The City of Winnipeg added as an additional insured
- Evidence of Cross Liability
- Minimum 15-day notice of cancellation clause
The Certificate of Insurance, detailing the above, should be sent to the following address for approval before a permit will be issued. Please include a contact name and phone number so that the Insurance Branch may call with any concerns or necessary follow-up.
The City of Winnipeg
Risk Management - Insurance Branch
3rd Floor – 185 King Street, Winnipeg, MB. R3B 1J1
Changes to a rental permit are accepted up to one working day prior to an event. An administrative fee of $47.25 will be applied for each change once a permit has been finalized.
Rentals can be cancelled up to five days prior to an event. This must be done in writing by email to PWDfirstname.lastname@example.org. All cancellations will be charged an administrative fee of $45.15. Any cancellation requests submitted within five days of an event will not be accepted and will be charged at full cost of the rental.