Off-leash dog areas

Rules of use

Attention dog owners

  • Dog owners can let their pets socialize and exercise off-leash in a safe environment.
  • Please remember to keep your dog on a leash when you are outside of the Off-leash Area. Other park users may not appreciate loose animals running up to them or may be afraid of dogs.
  • Off-leash dog areas are not fenced in, unless otherwise noted below.
  • Dog owners/ walkers and or commercial dog walkers are legally responsible for their own dog(s) and any injuries or damage caused by their dog(s). Individuals who choose to use off-leash areas do so at their own risk.
  • Code of Ethics for Dog Owners
  • Brochure
  • Sponsored by the City of Winnipeg Parks and Open Space Division in cooperation with the Animal Services Agency.
Off-leash area sign

Rules of use for Off-Leash Dog Areas
(Responsible Pet Ownership By-law 92/2013)

  • Dog owners must be present and within view of their dogs at all times.
  • Aggressive dogs are not allowed in off-leash areas.
  • Dogs must be under voice control while off-leash.
  • Dog owners must have a leash in hand at all times.
  • Female dogs in heat are not allowed in off-leash areas.
  • Holes dug by dogs must be filled by the dog owner.
  • All feces must be picked up by the dog owner and removed or deposited in waste receptacles.
  • All dogs must be licensed in accordance with the City of Winnipeg Responsible Pet Ownership By-law 92/2013. Please contact 311 for more information.
  • All sites are open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. or as posted at the site.

A complete list of rules is posted at each site. For further information about off-leash dog areas, contact 311.

Code of Ethics for all dog owners in off-leash areas

  • Stoop & Scoop - Please use plastic bags to pick up after your dog.
  • Train Your Dog - Please train your dog to respond to commands, whether on or off-leash.
  • Respect other users of the park - Walkers, joggers, cyclists, skiers, and other dog owners have a right to enjoy.
  • Proper Licensing is required - Please ensure your pet is properly licensed.

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.