Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Citizens Information Service
Public Works

Roadside memorial band

To commemorate the passing of a loved one on a city street right-of-way as a result of a fatal collision involving a motor vehicle, pedestrian, and/or cyclist, the City of Winnipeg will, upon request, fabricate and install a Memorial Band to mark the location of the collision. If there is already a roadside memorial in place, it will have to be removed before a Memorial Band can be requested.

The cost of a Memorial Band is $125.00 + GST. The requester is responsible for this cost.

  • A band can be requested by a family member of the deceased by contacting 311.
  • The band will bear the name of the deceased and the year of passing (see the sample below).
  • The band is 4 inches high by 6 inches wide and is made of metal.
  • The band will be attached to an existing sign pole or other approved suitable location as near as possible to the location of the fatality.
  • Should the band be vandalized, damaged, or removed by others, it is the responsibility of the family to contact the City indicating they would like to have it replaced. The cost of a replacement band is the responsibility of the requester.
  • Bands can be requested for fatal collisions occurring after January 1, 2007.

Roadside Memorial Band City of Winnipeg

Last update: July 3, 2018

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.