Information for election workers

Work as an Election Officer

Please note that Election Officers are not City of Winnipeg employees.

The City of Winnipeg is hiring temporary election workers to support voting locations throughout the city on Election Day, and during advance voting opportunities.

If you are over the age of 18 and eligible to work in Canada, you can apply to work as an Election Officer.

Individuals interested in applying for these positions must be able to demonstrate the following core competencies:

  • Basic literacy skills (reading, writing and comprehension)
  • Basic interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise impartiality
  • Ability to learn quickly
  • Attention to detail
  • Ability to follow directions and adhere to standards and safety measures
  • Ability to work long days (at least 13 hours)

Successful applicants will be required to attend a training session to prepare them for their role. All training sessions will be conducted in the Susan A. Thompson Building at City Hall, 510 Main Street.

Please note that Election Officers are not City of Winnipeg employees and filing an application does not guarantee your selection.

Apply now

If you are interested in working as an Election Officer, please complete the online application form.

If your application is successful, you will be contacted between mid-August and the end of September to confirm the information provided, and for additional screening. Only successful applicants will be contacted.

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.