Mechanical Information Centre
The Zoning & Permits office does not accept walk-in customers and permit applications can be submitted digitally. If you have any questions, call Permits Direct Line at 204-986-5140.
Le bureau du zonage et des permis ne prend pas la clientèle qui se présente sur les lieux, et les demandes de permis peuvent être soumises de façon numérique. Pour toute question, appelez la ligne directe des permis au 204-986-5140.
The Mechanical Information Centre provides one convenient location for all City of Winnipeg permit-related mechanical and plumbing documents and information for both homeowners and professional contractors.
Quick access to plumbing and mechanical permit application forms and other important documents.
- Commercial Forms and Documents
- Commercial Inspection Request Form
- Commercial Plumbing Application Form
- Commercial Mechanical Permit Application Form
- Mechanical Design Summary
- Mechanical Design Summary - Shell Only
- Commercial Alteration Design Summary (CADS)
- Professional Designer's Certificate (RPDC)
- Owner Statement
- Optional Professional Certificate Program (OPCP) - Mechanical Form
- Wording for Letters of Certification
- Plumbing Alternative Solution Form
Information on the plumbing and mechanical contractor licensing programs.
Quick links to plumbing and mechanical fees and related bylaws.
- Winnipeg Building By-law No. 4555/87
- Residential Buildings Fire Safety By-law No. 4304/86
- Planning, Development and Building Fees and Charges Schedule – mechanical fees excerpts:
How to apply for a permit:
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
- Apply via Permits Online (licenced contractors only)
- In-person by visiting the Zoning & Permits office, Unit 31-30 Fort Street, Tuesday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact us.