Transit bus delays and cancellations possible beginning Monday, Nov 27. Check your bus schedule online before heading out.

Transit bus delays and cancellations possible beginning Monday, Nov 27. Check your bus schedule online before heading out.

Fee Waiver Committee

The Fee Waiver Committee (FWC) reviews written applications to waive all or part of a fee or monetary penalty imposed under the Planning, Development and Building Fees By-law No. 66/2016.

The FWC does not waive fees related to the Municipal By-law Enforcement Act or the Provincial Offences Act. Please refer to the information included with the ticket(s) you received.

Apply for fee/penalty review

Email or mail your application to waive all or part of a fee or monetary penalty under By-law No. 66/2016 to the Secretary of the FWC as outlined in the form below:

You can only submit one fee/monetary penalty for review per application. If you are requesting more than one fee waiver, submit a separate application for each.


You have to pay all fees and monetary penalties upon receiving an invoice or you will be unable to book inspections.

A permit will not be issued if the permit fee(s) are not paid.

An open permit will not be closed if any fee or monetary penalty remains unpaid.

Fee waiver application process

  1. The Secretary of the FWC will verify your application is complete and schedule a hearing.
  2. Hearings happen bi-weekly and most applications are heard within 20 business days of receipt of the application. The Chair of the FWC leads the hearing along with a quorum of subject matter experts from the Planning, Property & Development Department.
  3. Once the hearing panel decides, applicant(s) are notified of the result in writing within 20 business days.
  4. If the decision made is to waive the fee or penalty, no further action is required by the applicant. If the decision is made to uphold the fee or monetary penalty, the applicant must pay that fee.
  5. You can appeal the decision by following the instructions in the decision letter. This next appeal would go to the Standing Policy Committee on Property and Development, which is the final appeal process. You must contact City Clerk's by the date specified on your decision letter.



Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.