The Zoning & Permits office does not accept walk-in customers and permit applications can be submitted digitally. If you have any questions, call Permits Direct Line at 204-986-5140.
Le bureau du zonage et des permis ne prend pas la clientèle qui se présente sur les lieux, et les demandes de permis peuvent être soumises de façon numérique. Pour toute question, appelez la ligne directe des permis au 204-986-5140.
Is a permit required?
Yes, a development permit is required.
Barrier-free ramps require a development permit as per the Winnipeg Zoning By-law.
No, a building permit is not required.
However, barrier-free ramps must be constructed in accordance with the Manitoba Building Code.
Although a building permit is not required, a barrier-free ramp must be constructed in accordance with the Manitoba Building Code:
- Handrail height shall be between 865 mm (2’-10”) and 965 mm (3’-2”)
- Horizontal extension of handrail is not required
- Guard height of 900 mm (3’-0”) is permitted where the difference in elevation between the landing/ramp and the ground is less than 1.8 m (6’-0”) [MBC 18.104.22.168.(3)]
Review the development and building permit process to help navigate application requirements.
To apply for a development permit, provide the following documentation. Refer to the permit application for detailed information that must be included in each document.
- Development permit application form
- Letter of authorization from the owner (substitute the owner statement if professionals are involved)
- Site plan
How to apply
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
Please contact us.