Know your WAV
(Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle)

For emergency situations, call 911.

For any inquiries, or to file a report related to a dispatcher or a trip, contact 311.

Book your WAV

Winnipeg WAV is a centralized booking service for wheelchair accessible vehicles for hire. Riders now have 3 easy ways to book wheelchair accessible vehicles in Winnipeg:

  1. Download the app – The Winnipeg WAV app is available for free download at the Apple App Store and Google Play App Store.
  2. Online at
  3. By Phone: 204-986-4WAV (204-986-4928)

Once the pick up and drop off locations are set, the system will dispatch the nearest available vehicle in real-time, ensuring the fastest service.

Understand your WAV

Winnipeg WAV rides can be requested through the centralized booking service. Never get in a vehicle that does not identify as a licensed WAV vehicle.

It is important to pay attention to the vehicle – check the make and model of the vehicle that pulls up and compare to the make and model that was provided to you at the time of booking. Take note of the vehicle identification number located on the vehicle. All WAV vehicles will have an ID number.

Check the meter

All WAV vehicles are equipped with a soft meter. The meter must be on for the duration of your trip.

Be respectful

Please respect your driver and their vehicle.

Keep everyone’s safety in mind

This means not asking your driver to make illegal or unsafe traffic maneuvers and remembering to bring a child seat with you if you need one.

Payment can be made by Cash, Credit or Debit

If terminals are down, drivers should call their dispatcher.

Recognizing a licensed driver

All WAV vehicles are driven by licensed service providers from taxi and personal transportation provider (PTP) companies.

Drivers are required to have their taxi driver’s licence or WAV ID displayed on the dashboard at all times. It specifies the driver licence number and expiry date.

All Winnipeg WAV vehicles and drivers are licensed by the City of Winnipeg - Vehicles for Hire.

Taxi driver licence

Learn more

For more information or to download the app, go to

Download the Know your WAV PDF.

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.