Community Safety and Crime Prevention Program
The Community Safety and Crime Prevention Program was established to support community-level activities that strengthen local crime prevention and community safety efforts, that promote the exchange of information between community residents and that help build closer relationships between communities and the Winnipeg Police Service.
2022 Program applications may be approved to a maximum of $5,000 per application. Multiple applications for similar activities by the same applicant and serving the same community will not qualify.
- Program applicants must be a not-for-profit community entity, group or association
- Funded activities must take place in the city of Winnipeg
- Funded activities must be aimed at:
- Reducing preventable crime
- Increasing communication and knowledge amongst community members
- Encouraging reporting of criminal activity
- Improving levels of personal and neighbourhood security
- Helping to reduce the fear of crime
- Preference will be given to applications that focus on preventing illicit drug activity
Funding for approved activities must be expended by September 30, 2023.
All successful Community Safety and Crime Prevention Program applicants will be expected to report back to the City of Winnipeg within 30 days of the funding being expended with the following information:
- A statement outlining the use of Program monies including activities and operations conducted as well as an approximate number of Winnipeg citizens served by the activity;
- Observable positive outcomes that reflect successful implementation of the funded activity;
- Lessons learned by the organization in developing and implementing the funded activity;
- The organization’s future intentions as they relate to repeating or expanding upon (if applicable) the funded activity.
Application Submission and Deadline
The 2022 Community Safety and Crime Prevention Program intake is now closed.