Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Film and Special Events

Film Office

Our friendly, professional staff have decades of experience in the industry, supporting projects ranging from small independent films and documentaries, to big-budget Academy Award-winning studio productions.

We know that your time is money – and expert support can make the difference for your film’s artistic and financial success. Whether it’s finding the perfect urban location, getting permits to film a captivating streetscape, or even renting a fire truck... we have the City of Winnipeg and community contacts you need to make your project a success.

The Winnipeg Film Office knows how to open doors for you. We have a comprehensive knowledge of the City’s extensive inventory of historic, contemporary, and natural locations. We also have a close working relationship with all the key players you need to know, in government, local production companies, the film-related unions, professional associations, and training institutes.

Our partners include Manitoba Film and Music, On Screen Manitoba, Film Training Manitoba, and the Winnipeg Film Group. It’s our people – our dynamic, professional film community – who’ve made Winnipeg the focus of so much new film and TV production. 

With fantastic locations, great crews, a great film and video tax credit program, and the staff of the City of Winnipeg Film Office eager to help you – Winnipeg is the place to film in North America. Call us – we look forward to working with you.

Previous productions

  • Burden of Truth Season 4, CBC
  • Nobody
  • Flag Day
  • Violent Night
  • Psycho Killer
  • Champions
  • Ordinary Angels
  • Little Bird
  • Dark Harvest

Our partners in production

Last update: January 26, 2024

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.