Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Indigenous Relations Division

June 2015

<< Back to Archive

City of Winnipeg Employees Celebrated National Aboriginal Day

June 24, 2015

As part of the City of Winnipeg’s commitment to Aboriginal relations, employees from across the organization came together to celebrate National Aboriginal day on Friday, June 19, 2015 at the City Hall Courtyard.

The event began with an opening prayer and smudge teaching by Elder Carol Moar, followed by remarks of Mike Pagtakhan, Deputy Mayor and Doug McNeil, Chief Administrative Officer. A variety of Aboriginal artists, performers and vendors livened up the event. Grace Café featured bison smokies, pickerel and wild rice. Free coffee, tea and bannock were offered to all guests and leftovers were donated to Siloam Mission.

Take a look at some of the photos of the event below.

Our Friends at the CEC Youth Role Model Awards

June 2, 2015

Enlarge Enlarge Image

Check out our friends from the Aboriginal Relations Division having fun at the Citizen's Equity Committee's Youth Role Model Awards.

Every year, The City of Winnipeg's Aboriginal Relations Division and the Citizen's Equity Committee team up to deliver a monetary award program to youth between the ages of 15 to 24, followed by a celebration event.

The Youth Role Model Award was formed to recognize and celebrate youth from diverse communities in Winnipeg, towards the effort of building a harmonious, vibrant, multicultural and inclusive society. It's also an approach to honour the young people who brought remarkable contributions to his/her community and display positive role modeling.

Visit the City of Winnipeg - Citizen's Equity Committee to learn more.

Last update: April 24, 2018

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.