The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant, growing organization with many opportunities! Learn more.
We all realize that we are here to work together and we do what we can to provide the type of service that we would expect if we were clients.
The City of Winnipeg values a dynamic and diverse workforce of highly skilled people working together to deliver excellent service to the citizens of Winnipeg.
What does it take to be excellent?
At the core of what the City does, providing a foundation for serving citizens of Winnipeg, are five key competencies required of all employees:
CITIZEN AND CUSTOMER FOCUS:
- We act in the best interests of the community we serve. Whether it is the citizenry at large or a specific customer base.
- We strive to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- We treat all people with dignity and respect.
- We demonstrate fair and equitable practices in our service delivery and in the workplace, striving to remove all forms of discrimination.
ETHICS AND VALUES:
- The City of Winnipeg’s values are: Integrity, Respect, Quality, Accountability and Diversity.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST:
- We are accountable and transparent.
- We recognize that citizens are entitled to integrity in government. Our commitment to accountability means taking responsibility for our actions. Our commitment to transparency means clearly demonstrating how tax dollars are spent.
- We are committed to responsiveness, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- We take personal accountability for our work.
The competency framework that the City of Winnipeg uses is derived from the LEADERSHIP ARCHITECT®
Our workforce at the City of Winnipeg is as diverse as the people we serve, with a wide range of career choices. Want to find out about potential career growth opportunities at the City?
Check out some of the possibilities!
- Assessment and Taxation - Valuation
- Community Services - Aquatics
- Community Services - By-Law Enforcement
- Community Services - Libraries
- Corporate Finance - Controllership Branch
- Corporate Support Services - Business Solutions
- Corporate Support Services - Communication Systems Branch
- Corporate Support Services - Managed Hosting
- Corporate Support Services - Network Infrastructure and Services
- Planning, Property and Development - Zoning and Permits Branch
- Public Works - Parks and Open Spaces - Foreman
- Public Works - Parks and Open Spaces - Naturalist Services Branch
- Public Works - Streets Maintenance Division
- Public Works - Traffic Signals Branch
- Water and Waste - Analytical Services Division
- Water and Waste - Engineering Services Division - Certified Engineering Technologist
- Water and Waste - Engineering Services Division - Engineer
See what our employees are saying about the City of Winnipeg!