Winnipeg zoning bylaws

The Winnipeg zoning bylaws divide each part of the city into zoning districts to separate residential, commercial and industrial land. Each zoning district has regulations that describe how land can be used and the types of structures/buildings that can be developed. Certain land uses are permitted outright, others are permitted with conditional approval, and some are prohibited. There are also rules for the location and the size of structures/buildings, such as lot coverage, required parking and minimum landscaping requirements.

It is important to review zoning bylaw requirements before applying for a development permit.  

Winnipeg Zoning By-law 200/2006

The Winnipeg Zoning By-law No. 200/2006 applies to all areas of the city outside of the Downtown Winnipeg Zoning By-law 100/2004 boundaries. It is intended to promote the orderly use and development of property and structures, support the health and general welfare of the city, and implement the provisions of OurWinnipeg and the adopted Secondary Plans included in Schedule A.

Winnipeg Downtown Zoning By-law 100/2004

The Winnipeg Downtown Zoning By-law No. 100/2004 applies to the downtown area only and is intended to advance OurWinnipeg downtown policies.

More information:

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.