The Bridge Operations Branch is responsible for the inspection, maintenance, rehabilitation, and construction of all bridges, overpasses, underpasses, major culverts, overhead traffic sign support structures, roadside safety installations, and related structures in the City of Winnipeg.
The Bridge Operations Branch is also involved in the planning of new bridges and the plan review and approval of private bridge structures.
The Bridge Operations Branch is currently responsible for the maintenance of the following structures:
- 49 vehicular bridges over water
- 17 vehicular bridge overpasses
- 49 pedestrian bridges
- 25 railway underpasses
- 1 roadway underpass
- 6 pedestrian underpasses
- 71 major culverts
- 231 overhead sign structures
- 73 roadside safety crash attenuation devices
- 340 roadside safety guardrail installations
- 8 noise attenuation barriers
- 5 slope stability structures
Last update: May 25, 2021