Report a street light problem
Street Lighting is a partnership between the City of Winnipeg and Manitoba Hydro.
- The City of Winnipeg sets the lighting levels and approves the design drawings.
- Manitoba Hydro designs the street lighting layouts, installs the lights, and performs the street lighting maintenance.
Report a street light problem online to Manitoba Hydro for:
- Street light burnt out;
- Street lighting standard knocked down;
- Street light damaged;
- Street lights on during the daytime;
- Street lights that are cycling on and off;
- Flyers taped to street light poles;
- Graffiti on street light or hydro poles;
- Street lighting on bridge;
- Lighting in an underpass.
Or phone Manitoba Hydro
Within Winnipeg: 204-480-5900
Outside Winnipeg: 1-888-MBHYDRO (1-888-624-9376)
Report a traffic signal malfunction
Report a traffic light not working, damaged, lights flashing, dim, or burnt out
The City of Winnipeg has adopted the latest Transportation Association of Canada's Street Lighting Design Guide that stipulates the light levels for the City's streets. This is the criteria that defines the number of lights and the wattage used to illuminate City streets. The main purpose of street lighting is to "provide an adequate visual environment for road users to safely use the road system during hours of darkness."
Contact 311 for questions regarding:
- Street lighting levels;
- Street lighting design standards;
- Requests to increase/decrease street lighting levels. Please note:
- Lighting levels will be modified only if they do not meet the design standards mentioned above.
- Levels will not be modified due to instances of vandalism or crime.
Information on relocating street/lane lighting poles