Winter routes

New for 2022: The Annual Snow Route Parking Ban has changed. It still limits overnight parking on designated routes when in effect, but with some important differences. We’ve outlined the changes below.

  New Old
Name Annual Winter Route Parking Ban Annual Snow Route Parking Ban
Start date Any time on or after November 1 based on weather conditions Annually on December 1
End date The ban will be lifted in the spring when it is no longer needed operationally, though it can remain in place until the end of April if required Annually on the last day of February
How you knew/will know it’s happening We will provide seven days’ notice of the ban coming into effect via our website, a news release, and push notifications from the Know Your Zone App.

We will also place informational flyers on the windshields of vehicles parked on designated routes with the highest overnight parking utilization prior to the ban going into effect.

The ban started and ended on the same dates every winter
What it meant/means No parking between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. daily on streets designated as Winter Routes, which are marked with either SNOW ROUTE or WINTER ROUTE signs No parking between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. daily on streets designated as snow routes, which are all marked with SNOW ROUTE signs or WINTER ROUTE signs

The Annual Winter Route Parking Ban will begin when weather conditions require it.

It can come into effect at any point from November 1 to the end of April. The declaration will be made and notice provided to Winnipeggers seven days in advance of the ban beginning.

Once the ban is in effect, vehicles cannot park on a designated winter route between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. As we work to update current signage, winter routes will be marked by one of two signs: WINTER ROUTE or SNOW ROUTE. Both mean the same thing: once the ban is in effect, do not park between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. or risk a ticket and tow.

Winter route sign tow
Snow route sign tow
Winter route sign
Snow route sign
Winter route sign tow bilingual

Winter route map

To find out whether a property is on a winter route, search by address in the interactive Winter Route Map below.

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.