Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links

Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) - Geographic Information System (GIS) Standards

Please note these CAD-GIS Standards documents only applies to Capital Works Renewal projects for The Water and Waste Department (WWD) or those Capital Projects that affect WWD infrastructure (sewer, water and land drainage).

For these projects, this document will replace the City of Winnipeg "Manual for the Production of Construction Drawings", which was originally published in 1980 and updated in 1984.

Water and Waste has updated the specifications for engineering drawings in order to reflect technological advancements that have occurred since 1980, standardize the look and content of CAD/drawing files, and ensure a seamless integration with the GIS.

One significant change for future drawing requirements is that Mylar is no longer required, final drawings can be provided as digital PDF files. A Final GIS CAD drawing is still required when applicable.

Drawings produced as deliverables for Tenders or Projects awarded prior to March 31, 2023 must be provided on Mylar film.

Drawings produced as deliverables for Tenders or Projects awarded after March 31, 2023 can be provided as digital PDF files.

The CAD-GIS Standards document is also subject to periodic updates, so it is recommended that those affected, review the document prior to use.

Last updated: April 18, 2023

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.