Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links

Contact us

General inquiries 311
Recycling and garbage 311
Water and sewer services
  • drinking water quality
  • water main breaks
  • sewer back-up
Utility Billing Centre 204-986-2455
Water meter reading 204-986-4445
Moving 204-986-3212
Environmental record searches 204-986-6455
Wastewater Vehicle Disposal Licence inquiries 204-986-6455
Cross-connections and backflow prevention record searches 204-986-4118
Click before you dig
If you are installing or rebuilding a fence or deck, there is no need to contact us for clearance. Sewer or water services are usually seven to nine feet below ground level. Fence posts and deck piles are rarely installed this deep.

We do not trace private sewer or water pipes on public or private property. Unlike other utilities, the City does not own these pipes. They have been installed by private contractors. We may have records provided by the contractors when the water and sewer service was installed. These are available to property owners. However, we cannot guarantee their accuracy.

For all other department correspondence, you can reach us by mail at:

City of Winnipeg
Water and Waste Department
1199 Pacific Avenue Icon indicating a link that will open up a new browser window and take you to a Web site outside of the City of Winnipeg's Web site. Close the new window to return to this page.
Winnipeg, Manitoba     R3E 3S8
Last updated: November 18, 2022

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.