Is my property at risk?

Properties in Winnipeg can be affected by different types of flooding including basement, overland and river flooding.

Basement flooding

It's important to protect your home from basement flooding because no matter where you live in Winnipeg, your home is at risk of basement flooding. Learn how to protect your home from basement flooding.

Overland flooding

Creeping water from retention ponds, creeks and ditches, and excess snowmelt can cause overland flooding on some properties. Learn how to protect your home from overland flooding.

River flooding

Using flood forecast information from the Province of Manitoba, the City will identify homes and properties that are at risk of river flooding. If your property is at risk, the City will hand deliver a notice to your home with information about what steps you should take to protect your home from river flooding.

If you are not contacted by the City with a hand delivered notice, your property has not been identified as being at risk of river flooding.

If you haven't heard from us and you believe your property is at risk of river flooding, please contact 311.

Designated Floodway Fringe Area

The Designated Floodway Fringe Area Regulations may apply to you if your property is located within the Designated Floodway Fringe Area or at flood risk, and you plan to add any buildings, additions or accessory structures to your property. Not sure if this applies to you? Learn more about the Floodway Fringe Area Regulations.

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.