National Day for Truth and Reconciliation – Saturday, September 30. View holiday hours for City of Winnipeg facilities and services from September 30 to October 2.
We regularly monitor the areas in and around the Brady Road Resource Management Facility and 33 closed landfill sites.
Closed landfill | Former landfill | Active landfill
View Landfill sites in a larger map
- surface water
- landfill gas
This monitoring is done to protect the environment and human health.
For more information
Methane Gas Policy - Landfill Environmental Program
- applies to all properties within landfill sites and landfill control zones
- initially adopted by Council in June 1979 as the Methane Gas Policy
- in October 1984, Council approved the continuation of Methane Gas Policy - Landfill Environmental Program
- in 2006, the Methane Gas Policy - Landfill Environmental Program document was updated for clarity and renamed
Closed Landfill Improvement Program
- outlines recommendations for improvements to landfill infrastructure and the environmental monitoring program
- developed in response to the 2015 Disposition Study
- we visit homes and businesses around 14 of the City's closed landfills to test the air
- presented to the Standing Policy Committee on Water and Waste, Riverbank Management and the Environment on May 29, 2017