Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Water and Waste Department


How do I Speak Up on Garbage?

We want to hear your thoughts about the future of garbage and recycling services in our city. We want you to Speak Up on Garbage.

You can use this website to get information, comment on blogs, watch videos, ask and answer questions, and find out about upcoming events.

You can also interact with us in person. There will be open houses, round tables and other meetings. If you just want to submit your ideas you can contact us by email or by calling 311.

Public Process

Speak Up on Garbage has three phases:

Phase 1
We want to understand what is important to you. Tell us your thoughts on the future of garbage and recycling services in our city.

At the end of Phase 1, we will report back with a vision for the Garbage and Recycling Master Plan to see if we heard you right.

Phase 2
We start to explore service options and dig deeper into the details. This phase will take the vision from Phase 1 and determine how we are going to get there.

We will consider how different approaches can be applied in our city. What services are best for Winnipeg? What will they look like?

At the end of Phase 2, we will take all your input and develop a Garbage and Recycling Master Plan.

Phase 3
We will share the Garbage and Recycling Master Plan and ask for your feedback.

Last update: January 31, 2019

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.