Transit bus delays and cancellations possible beginning Monday, Nov 27. Check your bus schedule online before heading out.
Wastewater Services Environmental Policy
Sewage treatment facilities, wastewater collection and land drainage systems
The Water and Waste Department's sewage treatment facilities, and wastewater collection and land drainage systems, aim to achieve excellence in environmental services, pollution prevention, and protection of public health through a commitment to continually improving the Environmental Management System.
Highlights of the environmental policy commitments
- understand and respect citizen values,
- remain up-to-date in technology and management practices,
- all share responsibility for the environment,
- meet or exceed regulatory requirements, and
- always seek to improve our environmental performance.
We are committed to:
- Understanding and respecting the views of our customers, employees, communities and stakeholders when planning and undertaking our activities.
- Remaining current with advancing and innovative technology and management practices in our facilities.
- Ensuring awareness, training and involvement of all staff to enable them to conduct their work in an environmentally responsible manner and to play a full role in continual improvement.
- Aiming for best performance and sustainability in all aspects of our business to ensure compliance, at the highest level, with legislative requirements and our own standards.
- Reviewing our environmental objectives and targets annually to ensure improvement in our environmental performance.