Transit bus delays and cancellations possible beginning Monday, Nov 27. Check your bus schedule online before heading out.
Access to information
Under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), you have the legal right to access City of Winnipeg records.
Make a request
Fill out our request form to access City of Winnipeg records under FIPPA, including police and fire reports.
- Requests must be for existing City of Winnipeg records.
- FIPPA does not require the City to respond to questions. If you have questions about the administration, operations, or finances of City services, programs, or activities, contact 311.
Requests for another person’s information
Requesting records that involve someone other than you
After you submit your FIPPA request, submit a copy of the other person’s signed consent to allow us to disclose their personal information to you. Without written consent, FIPPA may require us to refuse portions of your request.
Requesting records on another person’s behalf
After you submit your FIPPA request, submit the completed Proof of Authority form. Without written proof of your authority to make the request on another person’s behalf, FIPPA may require us to refuse your request fully or partially. Other written proof of authority will be considered if you are acting under a power of attorney, or if you are the personal representative of a deceased person and the requested information relates to the administration of their estate.
Response times and fees
If you submit your request outside regular office hours, we will receive it at 8:30 a.m. the following business day.
We respond to requests within 45 calendar days of receipt. FIPPA allows extensions of the response time in some circumstances and we will notify you in writing if an extension is needed.
Fees apply to some requests depending on the time and activities needed to respond. If fees apply to your request, we will issue a fee estimate, and you will have 30 calendar days to respond. Fee estimates comply with sections 4-9 of the Access and Privacy Regulation. Copy charges may also apply.
Contact the Access and Privacy Office
In person: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
Closed on weekends and holidays
Mail: Access and Privacy Office, City Clerk's Department, 510 Main St., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1B9
Access to released records
As part of its commitment to greater transparency and accountability, the City of Winnipeg publishes records of interest to the public both proactively and in response to requests submitted under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Published responses to FIPPA requests
You can access a list of the FIPPA requests received and responses to completed FIPPA requests since 2016 in the City’s Open Data portal.
- FIPPA Request Responses Updated regularlymis à jour régulièrement
- We never post details of or responses to requests for personal information.
- We always remove the personal information of applicants from the posted copy of response letters.
Proactive disclosures by department
- Elected Official expenses Updated regularlymis à jour régulièrement
- ONE: Mayor’s National Summit on Racial Inclusion Report, 2015
- City of Winnipeg-Operating Grant Transit - audit report, 2015
- Winnipeg Police Service Headquarters Construction Project Audit, 2015
Chief Administrative Office
- Compensation Disclosure Updated annuallymis à jour chaque année
- Senior Administration Travel Expenses, 2020
- Budgets Updated annuallymis à jour chaque année
- Capital expenditure monthly reports Updated regularlymis à jour régulièrement
- Closed bid opportunities Updated regularlymis à jour régulièrement
- Corporate Finance annual reports Updated annuallymis à jour chaque année
- Fees & charges Updated annuallymis à jour chaque année
- Financial plans, policies & strategies Updated annuallymis à jour chaque année
- Major Capital Projects Quarterly Status Reports Updated regularlymis à jour régulièrement
- Open Capital Projects Dashboard Updated regularlymis à jour régulièrement
- Public opinion surveys Updated annuallymis à jour chaque année
Planning, Property & Development
- Designated Construction Zone Work Orders (January - August 2016)
- Designated Construction Zone Work Orders, 2014-2015
- Installation of School Speed Zone signage at Gray Academy of Jewish Education - 123 Doncaster Street, 2014
- Installation of School Speed Zone signage at Stevenson School - 1777 Silver Avenue, 2014
- Installation of School Speed Zone signage at Strathcona School - 233 McKenzie Street, 2014
- Stantec Core Fire Hall Access Management Study, 2011
- Technical guidelines and practices for positioning and posting signs, 2012
Water and Waste
- Boil Water Advisory Assessment Report, 2015
- Combined sewer overflow (CSO) annual results Updated annuallymis à jour chaque année
Winnipeg Police Service
- Bid Opportunity 201-2014_B (Southwest Rapid Transitway (stage 2)), 2014
- City of Winnipeg Environment Act Licence for Southwest Rapid Transit Corridor - Stage 2, 2016