Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Community Services

Services for Persons with a Disability

Leisure Guide

Persons with a disability are invited and encouraged to participate in all Community Services-sponsored programs offered within the Leisure Guide. Every effort will be made to provide a positive recreation experience.

View the current Leisure Guide.

Caregivers Accompanying Participants

Admission and registration fees will be waived for caregivers, teachers and workers accompanying people with a disability that require assistance or support during their visit to a facility or program.

Sign Language Interpreter Request

You must be registered in a Leisure Guide program before you can request an interpreter. Please note: this is only for American Sign Language. We do not supply a language interpreter.

In accordance with the City of Winnipeg Sign Language Interpreter Policy, the interpreter is paid for by the Community Services Department.

To request a sign language interpreter:

  • your request
  • Please include the name of the participant and the course in which they are registered.
  • You will be contacted prior to the start of the course to confirm your request.

Note: If you have arranged for an attendant/interpreter and your class is cancelled or you are unable to attend, please contact 311 immediately to advise. If no notice is given, and an attendant/interpreter goes out on more than one occasion, your next request may not be processed.

Last update: March 24, 2022

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.