Recreation Equipment Rentals
We are hiring Summer 2023 Wading Pool Attendants and Recreation Technicians.
The Spring/Summer 2023 Leisure Guide, Spring Leisure Guide Skating brochure, and Spring Leisure Guide Swimming brochure are available online. Register now!
Nous embauchons des surveillants de pataugeoire et des techniciens en loisirs pour l’été 2023.
Le Guide Loisirs printemps-été 2023, la brochure de patinage du Guide Loisirs de printemps et la brochure de natation du Guide Loisirs de printemps sont offerts en ligne. Inscrivez-vous dès maintenant!
Equipment Available for Rent
Items with appearing next to them can be clicked to display a picture.
Picnic kit 1
- Mini croquet set
- Mini ring toss
- 1 Soccer ball
- 1 Frisbee
- 2 Lacrosse sticks
Picnic kit 2
- 3 Scoops
- 3 Wiffle balls
- 8 Three-legged race ties
- 8 Potato sacks
- Egg and spoon race
- 1 Frisbee
- 1 Football
- 1 Softball
- 2 Baseball gloves
Includes game ideas for you to have the most fun with the contents of the kit.
- 1 Low bounce soccer ball
- 1 Nerf football
- 2 Rubber chickens
- 2 Ping pong paddles
- 3 Jump ropes
- 5 Rubber frogs
- 6 Boundary markers
- 6 Pylons
- 6 Rubber frisbees
- 10 Bean bags
- 20 Flag belts with flags
- 1 Net
- 4 Racquets
- 6 Shuttlecocks
- Catcher’s equipment (mask, chest protector)
- 1 Set of bases
(including home plate)
- 3 Baseball bats
- 9 Gloves
- 4 Softballs
- 3 Broomballs
- 4 Pylons
- 12 Broomball bats
- 20 Dodgeballs
- 20 Cones
- 4 Floor hockey balls
- 2 Goalie equipment sets (helmets, sticks, pads, gloves)
- 10 Floor hockey sticks
- 1 Parachute
- Play balls
- 1 Volleyball net
- 2 Volleyballs
- 4 Pylons
Games are approximately 3'×4' in size or larger, unless otherwise noted.
Foam footballs included.
Foam frisbees included.
Each game includes two hockey sticks & two balls.
Rubber rings included.
- 10' × 10' canopy tent
- 4-way tug of war rope
- Bocce ball
- Corn hole
- Croquet set
- Fire pits
- Horseshoes (2 plastic stakes, 4 plastic horseshoes)
- Hula hoops (10 hoops, sizes 24" & 30")
- Jumbo jenga
- Ladder ball
- Mini ring toss (1 stand, 4 rings)
- Mini sticks kit
- Parachutes (sizes available - 6', 12', 20', 30')
- Popcorn maker
- Potato sack set (10 sacks)
- Pylons (10 pylons)
- Smoosh skis (cooperative skis for team races)
- Snow painting (12 bottles)
- Snowshoes (variety of sizes available)
- Table top BBQ
- Tug of war rope (variety of sizes available)
- Easter Bunny (includes hair cap & dry cleaning)
- Santa Clause, Mrs. Clause & Elf (Each rented separately. Includes hair cap & dry cleaning.)
Rental Fees (Effective September 6, 2022)
|1 game/kit/specialty item||$24.43 (incl. GST)|
|Additional games/kits/specialty items||$11.64 each (incl. GST)|
|Damage deposit (per rental)||$50|
|10'x10' canopy tent||$24.43 (incl. GST)|
Please submit the equipment rental form to RecreationEquipmentRentals@winnipeg.ca.
- The renter is responsible for pick-up and return of all equipment
- Non-residents will incur a 20% surcharge on all rental fees
Terms and Conditions
Fees & Damage Deposit
- Rental fees must be paid at time of booking by cash, business cheque, credit, debit or Recreation gift card
- Damage deposit applies to each rental including those with a fee waiver
- Full damage deposit refundable if equipment is returned in good condition
- If equipment is damaged or lost, cost of replacement will be charged
- Damage deposit payable minimum 1 business day prior to pick up via cash, business cheque, credit, debit or Recreation gift card
Pick up & Return policy
- Pick up time is Monday through Friday 1:00pm to 3:00pm. No pickups during weekends or statutory holidays.
- Return time is Monday through Friday 8:30am to 11:30am. No returns during weekends or statutory holidays.
- The daily rate will be applied for late rental returns, and for each additional day until the equipment is returned
- Request for cancellation must be made 1 business week prior to pick up date. A cancellation fee may apply.
Equipment Rental Fee Waivers
The City of Winnipeg has a fee subsidy program for qualifying individuals and organizations which includes waived fees for equipment rentals.
Please submit both the equipment rental form and fee waiver request form to RecreationEquipmentRentals@winnipeg.ca. Note that all equipment rentals are subject to a refundable damage deposit.
This collection of your personal information is authorized by s. 36(1)(b) of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We will use this information to support the Community Services Department’s Recreation Equipment Rentals Program, including how to contact you, compliance with rental obligations, and the fee waiver process, if applicable. Your information is protected by the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by email if you have any questions about this collection.