Thanksgiving – Monday, October 9. View holiday hours for City of Winnipeg facilities and services.
Everything we do is team oriented. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted as a member of the team, and made to feel as though I was one of them.
Our objective at the City of Winnipeg is to provide our employees with a safe, healthy, and well workplace. We provide competitive salaries along with attractive and comprehensive benefits to a large and diverse workforce.
The City of Winnipeg has eight (8) different unions and associations representing employees. Benefits vary according to the relevant Collective Agreement.
Benefit costs are a combination of employer paid, employee paid, and cost-shared. Once eligibility requirements are met, benefits offered include:
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Ambulance and semi-private hospital room coverage
- Pension Plan (Defined Benefit)
- Long Term Disability
- Travel Insurance
- Extended Health coverage
- Sick Leave Benefits including family days
- Maternity/Parental Leave Programs
- Corporate Employee Wellness Program
- Education, Training & Staff Development
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Group Life Insurance
- Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU)
- Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 500 (CUPE)
- Manitoba Government Employees' Union (MGEU)
- United Fire Fighters of Winnipeg, Local 867 of IAFF
- Winnipeg Association of Public Service Officers (WAPSO)
- Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Senior Officers' Association (WFPSOA)
- Winnipeg Police Association (WPA)
- Winnipeg Police Senior Officers' Association (WPSOA)
The training I received will help me to be a better leader and will also help in situations that require strong leadership skills. My co-workers and staff are receptive to suggestions and new ideas.
Employee Education & Development
We rely on our employees to deliver the best possible service to citizens / customers. We ensure City of Winnipeg staff have the necessary training, knowledge, skills and abilities to perform high quality work. We invest in the learning and development of our employees, with an understanding that this is a shared responsibility between our employees, their departments, and our organization.
The City of Winnipeg's Employee Development Branch offers a variety of learning opportunities to City employees in the following areas; communication, citizen / customer service, leadership, computer skills, and safety, health and organizational wellness.