Fees & charges
The initial Development Application fee depends on application type and acreage.
Based on your application type, you may be required to pay:
- Advertising fees (on Public Hearing application types as determined by local newspapers)
- Mylar signing/lot/parcel fees (per lot/parcel created on plan)
- Consent Certificate fees
- 10 percent dedication fees (in lieu of dedicating land)
- Agreement fees
- Legal document preparation fees
- Administrative fees associated with a Development or Servicing Agreement
- Deposits for survey monuments, sod and/or tree planting
- Oiling & graveling fees where applicable
- Levies such as Charleswood Transportation Levy, Seine River Acquisition Charges
- Trunk service rates
- Securities/Letter of Credits associated with Development or Servicing Agreements
- Extensions of time
- Spatial separation review
If land is not dedicated for park purposes, the City of Winnipeg requires a cash-in-lieu payment (subject to exceptions*). The payment will represent 10 percent of the Planned Area value.
To calculate the Planned Area value, multiply the size of the Planned Area by the appropriate Land Value. Council approved the following Land Values for 2024:
Employment Land Value - $75,000/per acre
- applies to land with the following OurWinnipeg 2045 designations: Employment Lands, Airport Area
Rural and Agricultural Land Value - $43,000/per acre
- applies to land with the following OurWinnipeg 2045 designations: Rural and Agricultural
Other Land Value - $165,000/per acre
- applies to land with the following OurWinnipeg 2045 designations: Downtown, Major Redevelopment Sites, New Communities, Regional Mixed-Use Centres, Corridors, Mature Communities, Recent Communities
Minimum Land Value - $7,500
- applications are subject to a fee of $7,500 for a Planned Area which is less than 20,000 sq. ft.
The type of development application does not affect the cash-in-lieu payment. The calculation of cash-in-lieu dedication will be the same for all applications.
*previous dedication (cash or land) may exempt the application from additional dedication. For more details, review the Development Agreement Parameters.