Transit bus delays and cancellations possible beginning Monday, Nov 27. Check your bus schedule online before heading out.
On January 1, 2024, the new Manitoba Building, Plumbing, Energy and Fire Codes will be in effect. See the 2024 construction codes implementation bulletin to learn about how the new codes will apply to your project.
Le 1er janvier 2024, les nouveaux codes du bâtiment, de la plomberie, de l’énergie et de la prévention des incendies du Manitoba entreront en vigueur. Consultez le bulletin sur la mise en œuvre des codes de construction de 2024 pour savoir comment les nouveaux codes s’appliqueront à votre projet.
Is a permit required?
Yes, a development permit is required.
If you plan to add a secondary suite, or change window/door openings in exterior walls, a development permit may be required as per the Winnipeg Zoning By-law. Zoning and development permit approval must be obtained prior to building permit application.
Yes, a building permit is required.
Home renovation projects (not like for like upgrades), including: kitchens, bathrooms, adding/converting rooms to bedrooms, creating open concept living spaces, and new/larger openings (exterior doors or windows) may need a building permit as per the Winnipeg Building By-law.
Review the development and building permit process to help navigate application requirements.
- ensure you have obtained prerequisite zoning and development permit approval, where required for your project
To apply for a building permit, provide the following documentation. Refer to the permit application for detailed information that must be included in each document.
- Alterations – single/two family dwelling building permit application form
- Owner statement (not required if owner is the applicant)
- Declaration form (if you have a prerequisite development permit)
- Site plan
- Building plans (floor plans, elevations, structural drawings)
- Professional designer's certificate for housing (if plans are sealed by an engineer)
How to apply
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
Please contact us.