Additions & attached garages
The Zoning & Permits office does not accept walk-in customers and permit applications can be submitted digitally. If you have any questions, call Permits Direct Line at 204-986-5140.
Le bureau du zonage et des permis ne prend pas la clientèle qui se présente sur les lieux, et les demandes de permis peuvent être soumises de façon numérique. Pour toute question, appelez la ligne directe des permis au 204-986-5140.
Is a permit required?
Yes, a development permit is required.
All house additions and attached garages require a development permit as per the Winnipeg Zoning By-law. Zoning and development permit approval must be obtained prior to building permit application.
Yes, a building permit is required.
All house additions and attached garages require a building permit as per the Winnipeg Building By-law.
Review the development and building permit process to help navigate application requirements.
- ensure you have obtained prerequisite zoning and development permit approval, where required for your project
- Construct addition – single/two family dwelling building permit application form
- Owner statement (not required if owner is the applicant)
- Declaration form (if you have a prerequisite development permit)
- Site plan
- Building plans (elevations, floor plans, foundation plan, section drawing)
- Professional designer's certificate for housing (if plans are sealed by an engineer)
For dwellings with more than five bedrooms:
Residential ventilation record or engineered mechanical drawings
Note: All dwellings must meet heating season ventilation requirements as per the Manitoba Building Code.
How to apply
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
Please contact us.