Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Public Works

CPR Yards Crossing Study

The functional design study is now complete.
Please visit A Better Bridge for Arlington for more information.

Community Workshop #2

Arlington Bridge Solutions

Community Workshop #2 at King Edward School – Taking the Initiative for a New Crossing

The second community workshop was hosted by William Whyte Residents Association, Dufferin Residents Association of Winnipeg, and King Edward School on Saturday March 21, 2015. Over 70 enthused participants came to share their ideas for a new/improved CPR crossing(s).

First exercise: Community members marked on maps their current trips across the Yards by car, bus, cycle, walking, and scooter. Next, they looked at four main zones or areas across the Yards, from McPhillips to Isabel/Salter and they identified their preferred travel area option(s).

Second exercise: Participants chose "table topics" to discuss what each meant in relationship to the project’s vision and goals, and how they could be achieved. These topics included: Safety/security; Walking/cycling accommodation; Walking/cycling accommodation; Transit; Universal accessibility; Community economic development; Aesthetics/culture/heritage; Healthy lives.

Of those who gave feedback, 88% of attendees were positive about the event and 87% noted that it was a good opportunity to learn about and engage in the project.

The workshop revealed that the Arlington Bridge is an important and valued crossing for people using all types of transportation. Participants provided great insight into the community's wants and needs for a new/improved crossing(s).

View a presentation about the workshop exercises and results.

Last update: January 8, 2020

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.