Transit bus delays and cancellations possible beginning Monday, Nov 27. Check your bus schedule online before heading out.
Electrical Information Centre
On January 1, 2024, the new Manitoba Building, Plumbing, Energy and Fire Codes will be in effect. See the 2024 construction codes implementation bulletin to learn about how the new codes will apply to your project.
Le 1er janvier 2024, les nouveaux codes du bâtiment, de la plomberie, de l’énergie et de la prévention des incendies du Manitoba entreront en vigueur. Consultez le bulletin sur la mise en œuvre des codes de construction de 2024 pour savoir comment les nouveaux codes s’appliqueront à votre projet.
The Electrical Information Centre provides one convenient location for all City of Winnipeg permit-related electrical documents and information for both homeowners and professional contractors.
Links to all permit-related electrical brochures.
- Commercial Electrical Brochures
Quick access to electrical permit application forms and other important documents.
- Commercial Forms and Documents
- Commercial Inspection Request Form
- Commercial Electrical Permit Application Form
- Electrical Sign Permit Application Form
- Electrical Annual Permit Application Form
- Electromagnetic Locks Checklist
- Photoluminescent Exit Signs Checklist
- Patient Care Areas Declaration form
- Fire Alarm Monitoring Schedule A
- After Hours Inspection Request Form
- Electrical Design Summary
- Commercial Alteration Design Summary (CADS)
- Professional Designer's Certificate (RPDC)
- Owner Statement
- Optional Professional Certificate Program (OPCP) - Electrical Form
- Wording for Letters of Certification
- Worksheets for Multi-Residential Building Calculations
- Electrical Request for Code Deviation Form
- Housing Forms
Information on the electrical contractor licensing program.
- Important Information for Licenced Electrical Contractors
- Electrical Contractor Exams
- List of Licensed Electrical Contractors
- Contractor Licence Fees
- Permits Online - Pay Licence Renewal
Quick links to electrical fees and related bylaws.
- Winnipeg Electrical By-law No. 72/2022 – including Technical Interpretations
- Residential Buildings Fire Safety By-law No. 4304/86
- Planning, Development and Building Fees and Charges Schedule - electrical fees excerpts:
Links to internal websites.
- Development policy search tool to determine if a property is located within the Designated Floodway Fringe Area and other development policy areas where unique bylaws, regulations or guidelines may apply to your development
Links to external electrical-related websites.
- Inspection and Technical Services Manitoba, Trades Examinations, Certification and Licensing – to obtain a Province of Manitoba Electrician's Licence
- Inspection and Technical Services Manitoba, Bulletins, Guides and Forms – to access the list of Recognized Certification Inspection Bodies for Electrical Equipment
- CSA Group - Online Store – to purchase the Canadian Electrical Code
- Manitoba Hydro Customer Metering Standards
- Manitoba Hydro, Electrical Service Applications
How to apply for a permit:
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
- Apply via Permits Online (licenced contractors only)
- In-person by visiting the Zoning & Permits office, Unit 31-30 Fort Street, Tuesday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact us.