Transit bus delays and cancellations possible beginning Monday, Nov 27. Check your bus schedule online before heading out.
On January 1, 2024, the new Manitoba Building, Plumbing, Energy and Fire Codes will be in effect. See the 2024 construction codes implementation bulletin to learn about how the new codes will apply to your project.
Le 1er janvier 2024, les nouveaux codes du bâtiment, de la plomberie, de l’énergie et de la prévention des incendies du Manitoba entreront en vigueur. Consultez le bulletin sur la mise en œuvre des codes de construction de 2024 pour savoir comment les nouveaux codes s’appliqueront à votre projet.
Is a permit required?
Yes, a development permit is required.
Yes. A development permit is required, as per the Winnipeg Zoning By-law if the repair is not like for like, and the footprint of the structure is changing. Zoning and development permit approval must be obtained prior to building permit application.
Yes, a building permit is required.
Yes. A building permit is required as per the Winnipeg Building By-law when the repairs involve the placement or replacement of any structural component(s) installed to repair or stabilize a deteriorating foundation including, but not limited to:
- replacement of wood columns with steel teleposts
- structural braces attached to foundation walls to repair deteriorated components such as beam ends
- installation of vertical structural bracing to shore up lateral cracks
All structural foundation repairs must be sealed by a structural engineer.
A building permit is not required when the repairs are limited to excavation and application of damp proofing/waterproofing coatings or membranes and/or the replacement of weeping tile systems.
Review the development and building permit process to help navigate application requirements.
- ensure you have obtained prerequisite zoning and development permit approval, where required for your project
To apply for a building permit, provide the following documentation. Refer to the permit application for detailed information that must be included in each document.
- Alterations – single/two family dwelling building permit application form
- Owner statement (not required if owner is the applicant)
- Declaration form (if you have a prerequisite development permit)
- Site plan
- Building plans (construction plans, elevations)
Professional designer's certificate for housing
(if plans are sealed by an engineer)
Note: An engineer’s report may be required.
How to apply
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
Please contact us.