The Zoning & Permits office does not accept walk-in customers and permit applications can be submitted digitally. If you have any questions, call Permits Direct Line at 204-986-5140.
Le bureau du zonage et des permis ne prend pas la clientèle qui se présente sur les lieux, et les demandes de permis peuvent être soumises de façon numérique. Pour toute question, appelez la ligne directe des permis au 204-986-5140.
Is a permit required?
Yes, a development permit is required.
Yes. A development permit is required, as per the Winnipeg Zoning By-law if the repair is not like for like, and the footprint of the structure is changing. Zoning and development permit approval must be obtained prior to building permit application.
Yes, a building permit is required.
Yes. A building permit is required as per the Winnipeg Building By-law when the repairs involve the placement or replacement of any structural component(s) installed to repair or stabilize a deteriorating foundation including, but not limited to:
- replacement of wood columns with steel teleposts
- structural braces attached to foundation walls to repair deteriorated components such as beam ends
- installation of vertical structural bracing to shore up lateral cracks
All structural foundation repairs must be sealed by a structural engineer.
A building permit is not required when the repairs are limited to excavation and application of damp proofing/waterproofing coatings or membranes and/or the replacement of weeping tile systems.
Review the development and building permit process to help navigate application requirements.
- ensure you have obtained prerequisite zoning and development permit approval, where required for your project
To apply for a building permit, provide the following documentation. Refer to the permit application for detailed information that must be included in each document.
- Alterations – single/two family dwelling building permit application form
- Owner statement (not required if owner is the applicant)
- Declaration form (if you have a prerequisite development permit)
- Site plan
- Building plans (construction plans, elevations)
Professional designer's certificate for housing
(if plans are sealed by an engineer)
Note: An engineer’s report may be required.
How to apply
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
Please contact us.