Your one-stop-shop to manage the permit process
Once registered, you can apply for select permits, view the status of permits and applications, submit documents, and make payments. Licensed contractors can also renew licences online.
Permit applications that are not available online can be submitted by email. Refer to the applicable application form for details. If you intend to construct a new structure immediately after demolishing an existing structure, both applications must be submitted together by email.
Residential permit applications available online
- Single/two family dwellings & accessory structures
Building permits (new construction only)
- Accessory structures
- Detached garage
- Other structures over 10 m2/108 sq. ft. (e.g. storage shed, gazebo, workshop)
- Outdoor pool
- Hot tub/spa
- Single/two family dwellings
- New single family detached dwelling construction
- Demolish detached garage
Commercial permit applications available online
- Multi-unit residential
Building occupancy permits
- Interim occupancy
- Final occupancy
- Electrical signs
- Free standing
If your permit application requires supporting documentation (plans, elevations, etc.), review the digital permit application requirements and submit one PDF copy with your application package. Applications will not be processed until all required documentation is received.
If you submit revised documents during the permit process, ensure the revision is clearly identified on the drawing, and the file is named correctly.
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express
- $10,000 daily limit
- Customer trust accounts can be managed online. View your balance, account users, recent transactions and add funds to your account using a credit card. Payments will be processed based on current arrangements with the Zoning & Permits office and funds will not be automatically withdrawn from trust accounts. If you need to make changes to your trust account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unable to pay online or with a trust account, make payment by mail, in person or by calling Permits Direct Line at 204-986-5140.
Permits Online is unavailable:
- Monday to Friday: 2:45 a.m - 5:15 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 12:45 a.m. - 5:15 a.m.
Please contact us.