Outdoor pools & hot tubs/spas
The Zoning & Permits office does not accept walk-in customers and permit applications can be submitted digitally. If you have any questions, call Permits Direct Line at 204-986-5140.
Le bureau du zonage et des permis ne prend pas la clientèle qui se présente sur les lieux, et les demandes de permis peuvent être soumises de façon numérique. Pour toute question, appelez la ligne directe des permis au 204-986-5140.
Is a permit required?
Yes, a development permit is required.
All outdoor pools, hot tubs/spas and any other structure capable of containing 600 mm (2’-0”) or more of water requires a development permit as per the Winnipeg Zoning By-law. Zoning and development permit approval must be obtained prior to building permit application.
Yes, a building permit is required.
All outdoor pools, hot tubs/spas and any other structure capable of containing 600 mm (2’-0”) or more of water requires a building permit as per the Winnipeg Building By-law.
Review the development and building permit process to help navigate application requirements.
- ensure you have obtained prerequisite zoning and development permit approval, where required for your project
To apply for a building permit, provide the following documentation. Refer to the permit application for detailed information that must be included in each document.
- Outdoor pools and hot tubs/spas building permit application form
- Owner statement (not required if owner is the applicant)
- Declaration form (if you have a prerequisite development permit)
- Site plan
Building plans for in-ground pools:
- structural drawings, sealed by an engineer
- Professional designer's certificate for housing
Building plans for hot tubs/spas on existing decks:
- construction plans of deck and specifications, including dry weight and water capacity
- Electrical installations
Note: A separate electrical permit is required for all outdoor pools and hot tubs/spas.
- Plumbing installations
- Development permits
How to apply
Please ensure you have gathered all required documentation before applying.
Apply in person
Zoning & Permits office
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Unit 31-30 Fort Street
Please contact us.
Click before you dig
If your foundation is going to require digging below grade, visit clickbeforeyoudigmb.com or call 1 800 940 3447.